- “Infocare Health” means Infocare Healthcare Services South Africa Proprietary Limited;
- “Information” may include both Personal Information and Special Personal Information;
- “Personal Information” shall have the meaning ascribed to it in Chapter 1 of POPI;
- “Platforms” refers to all our websites, mobile sites, mobile apps, social media Platforms or any other technology or mechanism you may use to interact with us;
- “POPI” shall mean the Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013, as amended from time to time, including any regulations and/or code of conduct made under the Act;
- “Process” or “Processing” shall have the meaning ascribed to it in Chapter 1 of POPI;
- “Special Personal Information” shall have the meaning ascribed to it in Chapter 1 of POPI.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
We collect and receive Information about you in the following ways:
- Information you give us
This includes any Information that you provide to us directly:
- by subscribing to our services;
- when you use our products or services;
- by filling in forms on our Platforms;
- by posting comments or content on our Platforms;
- when you contact us or we contact you and you provide Information directly to us.
- Information we collect or receive when you use our Platforms
We collect Information when you use our Platforms by using cookies, web beacons and other technologies. Depending on how you access and use our Platforms, we may receive:
- log information;
- information we infer about you based on your interaction with Platforms, products and services;
- device information (for example the type of device you’re using, how you access Platforms, your browser or operating system and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address);
- location information.
- Information from medical service providers
We receive Information about you from medical or health care service providers.
- Information from third-party sources
We may receive additional Information about you that is publicly or commercially available and combine that with the information we have collected or received about you in other ways.
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
- to provide you with information, products or services you request from us;
- to communicate with you;
- to be effective and relevant in the services we provide you;
- HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
- We don’t sell your Information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
- We may share Information with:
- our affiliates, in other words, other companies in our group;
- our business partners (we may share de-identifiable informationwith select business partners);
- medical or health care service providers where you provide consent. Remember that once you have consented to allow us to send your information to a third-party, we cannot control what they do with your data; therefore, be sure to investigate their privacy policies;
- other parties in response to legal process or when necessary to conduct or protect our legal rights;
- other parties in connection with certain business transactions (in the event that we restructure or sell any of our businesses or assets, we may disclose your Information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets or other transacting party);
- companies that provide services to us or act on our behalf may have access to Information about you. These companies are limited in their ability to use Information they receive in the course of providing services to us or you.
- MONITORING OF COMMUNICATIONS
We may monitor and record our communications with you, including e-mails and phone conversations. Information which we collect may then be used for training purposes, quality assurance, to record details about the products and services you use or ask us about, and in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations generally.
- YOUR CHOICES
- You have the right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by using any of the various “opt-out” options that we will always provide to you when we communicate with you. We won’t send you marketing messages if you tell us not to but we will still need to send you service-related messages.
- You can opt out of getting messages in the following ways:
- when we email you, you can use the link in it to opt out of marketing emails;
- when we text or message you, you can text back to tell us to stop further SMS communications;
- change the cookie settings we hold for you on our website, so you don’t receive targeted advertising online.
- In order for us to provide you with effective services, it is important that all Information we hold about you is up to date and accurate. Make sure you update or amend your Information regularly. You may also ask us to correct, remove or destroy your Information.
- You have the right to know what information we hold about you. If you’d like a copy of some or all of your Information, write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Depending on how you set up your preferences, we may share information about how you’ve used our Platforms with other companies who offer their services on our Platforms.
- OUR COMMITMENT TO SECURITY
Although we cannot guarantee the security of the Information collected and received, we do employ several safeguards intended to mitigate the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure of your information. We will do our best to protect your Information and we will use up to date technology that will help us to do this. We will always comply with our obligation under relevant law.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Platforms may contain links to and from websites, mobile applications or services of third parties, advertisers or affiliates. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other parties and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website or mobile application you visit which collects Information.
- INTERNATIONAL USERS
Our services operate from the Republic of Ireland, and, regardless of where you use or access our Platforms, or services, your information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located in the elsewhere in the world. Please note that any Information we obtain about you will be stored in accordance with European and South African privacy laws, regulations and standards. By providing your Information to us or by using our Platforms you consent to the Processing and transfer of your Information to a location outside of South Africa where we may store it and where our suppliers might Process it on our behalf.
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This Service may use links to other sites. Note that these external sites are not operated by us. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
While our Services might address children under the age of 12, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from these children without the express permission of their legal guardian. In the case we discover that a child under 12 has provided us with personal information without the consent of his/her legal guardian, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
- SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.