Where are your offices?
Our head office is in Dublin, Ireland. We also have offices in Chicago, USA, Cape Town, South Africa, and London, UK.
How do you compare to an Epic or a Cerner?
We are not a heavyweight EHR, we simply sit on top of your existing EHR as a smart clinical presentation layer. We make clinicians want to use your EHR.
Are you Meaningful Use Certified?
Soteria is 2014 EHR (inpatient) compliant and has been certified by ICSA Labs, an ONC-ACB, in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Infocare Healthcare Systems (Ireland) Limited
- Presented October 10, 2014
- Soteria version 1
- Product Certification ID: 140306R00
- Product Classification: EHR Module (Inpatient)
- ONC-ACB 2014 Edition Modular EHR – Inpatient – Certification was granted following rigorous and thorough testing against the following ONC Approved Test Procedures by ICSA Labs, an Accredited Test Lab (ATL):
- Criteria: 170.314(a)(4) 170.314(a)(9) 170.314(a)(11) 170.314(a)(14) 170.314(d)(1) 170.314(d)(2) 170.314(d)(3) 170.314(d)(4) 170.314(d)(5) 170.314(d)(6) 170.314(d)(7) 170.314(d)(8) 170.314(g)(1) 170.314(g)(4)
- We relied on Quippe functionality within Soteria to demonstrate Soteria’s compliance with this certification
- The user is not currently required to pay to additional costs to implement or use Soteria’s capabilities, whether to meet meaningful use objectives and measures or to achieve any other use within the scope of the health IT’s certification.
- There are no known limitations that a user may encounter in the course of implementing and using Soteria’s capabilities, whether to meet meaningful use objectives and measures or to achieve any other use within the scope of Soteria’s certification.
Are you in the market?
Yes, we have deployments in the UK, South Africa, and North America.
What is the ROI if I adopt Soteria?
Improved operational performance through reduced time wasted by clinicians when documenting patients
- Reduced variance in patient care through embedded clinical pathways
- Invaluable business insights can be derived from the clinically coded and structured data
- Higher clinician retention rates through happier employees. Clinicians enjoy using our system.
What is your current stand on Interoperability?
- Soteria ensures that information that advances patient care can flow freely across organizational, vendor and geographical barriers. We follow the IHE guidelines (http://www.ihe.net/), which provides tools, specifications and services for interoperability. Soteria looks forward to taking part in the 2017 IHE Connectathon.
- As part of following IHE standards, we will be FHIR (pronounced fire) compliant.
What codesets do you support?
All documented findings are coded and we support mapping of codesets such as ICD9CM, ICD10CM, SnoMed CT, CVX Vaccines Administered, Loinc, RXNorm and many more.
How do you handle prescriptions and ordering medications?
Soteria has an order entry capability where a clinician can order and prescribe drugs with dose/frequency/duration and many more options specified. It caters for seamless ordering of imaging, procedures, and laboratory tests, to name a few, from integrated partners.